Bastet was a demon from ancient Egypt once worshipped as a goddess. She and her lover Anubis were greatly respected and feared, until they went to war with the other gods and were defeated. They were entombed in different places, to keep them from ever reuniting. Her power is channeled through her amulet.
When Bastet's tomb was discovered by an archeologist, her amulet began whispering to Lauren James, a reporter writing about the discovery. When the amulet was displayed at the media gala, the security guards dropped it, causing it to land in front of Lauren. When she put it on, she was possessed by Bastet.
Bastet was delighted to have returned and instantly sought to resurrect Anubis, though she was confronted by Phoebe Halliwell and Derek Grant. After a short fight, Bastet escaped and forced the archeologist to find Anubis' tomb. As they arrived, they were confronted by the Charmed Ones. Bastet fled into the tomb and fought Phoebe once more, though she was defeated when Phoebe forced Lauren to remember who she was, causing her to break free from Bastet and pull off the amulet. The amulet then became dormant and the sisters decided to bury it along with the tomb, so it would never see the light of day again.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Sand Manipulation: The ability to manipulate and control sand.
- Sand Teleportation: The ability to teleport through a twister of sand.
- Sensing: The ability to sense the location and status of other beings.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects and beings with the mind.
- Transformation: The ability to transform one thing into another. Bastet could turn people into lions.
- Possession: The ability to take control of other beings. Bastet could possess whoever wore her amulet.
- Suggestion: The ability to plant thoughts and ideas in the minds of others. Bastet used this to influence Lauren into putting on the amulet and to control her lions.
- Adjusting: The ability to resist and fight through molecular powers.
- Season 6
- 6.12 Charm Like an Egyptian