Agares, also known as the Demon of Resurgence, was a demon preying on grieving souls. He offered to reunite his victims with their loved ones for one year, after which he would claim both their souls.
Agares appeared before a grieving widower and offered to resurrect his wife. The widower complied and signed a contract, at which point Agaras brought her back. Later, Agaraes appeared before a woman who had made a deal a year earlier. As the year had passed, Agares killed both her and her son to claim their souls. He was then confronted by Cole Turner, who wanted to be resurrected in order to permanently escape the wasteland. Agares refused and disappeared.
Cole later teamed up with the Charmed Ones, who sought to vanquish Agares. He led them to the cemetery where Agares lingered. However, as the sisters cast the vanquishing spell, Cole intervened and stole Agares' powers in order to resurrect himself.
Book of Shadows EntryEdit
Agares, the Demon of Resurgence. Like the myth of the Phoenix, this demon can resurrect anyone through his demonic flames. He offers deals to grieving mortals, giving them one year with their loved ones in exchange for their souls once the year has passed.
- Requires the Power of Three and holy water to be thrown at Agares.
- From the ashes, his flames resurrect,
- So their tortured souls he may collect,
- No longer will his wicked deals persist,
- Demon of Resurgence no more exist.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Active Powers
- Smoke-Flaming: The ability to teleport from one place to another through fire and smoke.
- Sensing: The ability to sense the location of others. Agares could specifically sense grief, which he used to locate potential victims.
- Resurrection: The ability to bring other beings back from the dead. Agares could resurrect beings by engulfing them in his flames.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects and beings with the mind. Agares used this ability to close several doors and windows, deviate lighting and throw Cole.
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to generate and control fire. Agares used this ability to incinerate his victims and to trap the sisters in a circle of fire.
- Soul Containment: The ability to capture and contain the souls of other beings. Agares contained the souls of his victims in balls of fire.
- Season 5
- 5.01 From the Ashes